How the Cold Laser Helps Healing
The cold laser is something we at Caron use quite a bit with our patients to ensure proper and quicker healing in the areas of injury. Whether that be a rotator cuff or knee injury or headaches and whiplash etc., the class 4 cold laser is a tool that can be very effective in co-treatment procedures. We support the use of the laser due to the fact that it has a very credible history and research supporting it’s usage and effectiveness.
The laser we use at Caron is called an Apollo Professional Series Class 4 Laser. The Apollo website explains how the cold laser works and why it is so great for healing.
How does COLD Laser Therapy Work?
Cold laser therapy is a form of phototherapy or light therapy. The cold laser device produces a beam of light, which is applied over the injured area to stimulate healing. There is no pain with the treatment.
When laser light is absorbed by a living tissue, it triggers biological reactions in the cells. Chemical substances are produced, released and carried by the blood and lymphatic flow to other parts of the system. In this way the effects of cold laser light may not be only local, but can also achieve wide systematic physiological responses:
- Reduction in pain by causing production of natural pain killers endorphins
- Reduction in inflammation by suppressing inflammatory enzymes that create swelling, redness, apin and heat.
- Enhanced lymphatic drainage, which increases circulation and speeds healing.
- Release of tight muscles that create chronic pain, joint problems and decreased mobility.
- Faster bone repair by stimulating fibroblastic and osteoblastic proliferation.
This and more information from Apollo can be found on their website at: http://www.apollopt.com/
The cold laser has had positive impact on syndromes like: Sprain & Strains, TMJ disorder, Radiculitis, Migraines, Stenosis, Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel, Plantar Fasciitis, Shin Splints, Sinusitis and others. If you have questions or would like more information about the laser treatment procedures please feel free to speak with us.