Low-level laser therapy (LLLT) is also known as “cold laser” therapy. It treats a variety of conditions using low-level light. Some of the conditions it helps treat include neck, fibromyalgia, back pain, tendonitis, TMJ, and more. LLLT therapy reduces pain inflammation and strengthens damaged tissue. It is a non-invasive FDA-approved procedure that accelerates the healing process. Our team at Caron Chiropractic in St. Paul, MN can help you manage your pain with our low-level laser therapy.
Low-level laser therapy relies on a handheld device to apply wavelengths of a low light level on the affected area. Your body tissue absorbs the light, and it can penetrate up to 4 inches. The light causes a physiological reaction that promotes cell regeneration.
What Can Laser Therapy Do?
Studies show that laser therapy offers both anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive properties. In the past, we have used laser therapy to alleviate both acute and chronic pain, repair damaged tissue within the body, improve and stimulate the nervous system, reduce inflammation to both joints and other damaged areas, and even develop new cells and even muscle tissue. Laser therapy can be a vital component in healing as well as overall improvement of health.
Benefits Of Cold Laser Therapy
Cold Laser therapy offers several benefits, including:
● Elimination of pain and reduction of inflammation – Research shows that LLLT provides pain relief and reduces inflammation by activating the lymphatic drainage system on the swollen area.
● Safe and effective treatment – LLLT is a non-invasive treatment that is safer than surgeries. Moreover, it uses low-power lasers, which cannot damage the cell
● No overdose or hyperstimulation
● Non-toxic and painless procedure
● Faster wound healing – enhances the reabsorption of fibrotic tissues to accelerate the healing process. It also reduces scarring from cuts, surgery burns, and scratches.
● Medication-free – There is no need for medication, side effects, or work injury surgery when utilizing cold laser therapy. Moreover, the treatment does not cause downtime. Some of the situations where our chiropractors recommend LLLT include sports injuries, work injuries, neck and back pain, car accidents, and any other issue that could cause a whiplash injury.
Comprehensive Chiropractic Care In St Paul MN
Laser therapy has become an important tool, and the clients at Caron Chiropractic can experience the rewards of this modern addition to chiropractic care. The staff at Caron Chiropractic have the experience and expertise that is necessary for using laser therapy for the maximum benefit of our clients. If you are considering seeking chiropractic care for the first time, we would love to help you. Give us a call at (651) 255-9999 to schedule an appointment.