Ergonomics Are Important To Spinal Health
Ergonomics play an important role in musculoskeletal health. It includes the science of a work area, equipment and job that fits an individual and their work in agreement with Good Posture and Natural Human Movement. Working with proper ergonomics will help to minimize the risk of pain and overuse injuries. The Chiropractors at Caron Chiropractic Clinic, P.A. of St. Paul, MN are trained to advise you in achieving an ergonomically correct environment, thereby avoiding undo stress and strain on your body. Your Work Area, Desk, Chair and Car should be examined to check for good ergonomic posture. Our drug-free treatments include Spinal Manipulation, Special Exercises, Massage Therapy and Spinal Rehab.
Health Problems Associated With Bad Ergonomics
Proper Ergonomics are important for maintaining spinal health and physical wellness. It good design helps to prevent injury from repetitive movements that can cumulatively lead to long-term disability. A poorly designed workstation can contribute to the following health problems.
- Lower Back Pain
- Neck Stiffness and Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Shoulder Pain
- Hand Discomfort
- Eye Strain
Tips For Being Ergonomically Correct
Many people do not realize that they are working with bad ergonomics until they start to feel symptoms such as Low Back Pain, Numbness, Tingling, Weakness, Headaches or Vision Problems. Proper spinal alignment can be maintained in most situations by following a few tips for being ergonomically correct.
- Maintain Good Posture while sitting with knees bent at 90 degrees and feet flat on the floor
- Take Periodic Breaks to look away from the screen and to get up and move around
- Position the Monitor Directly in Front of You with the Keyboard Adjusted to keep your Wrists Straight
- Adjust Overhead Lighting to reduce glare when reading
- Avoid Carrying a Backpack that is heavy enough to make you Lean Forward or sit more than 4” below your waistline
- Lift Heavy Objects with your legs – feet should be shoulder-width apart and knees bent
- Do Not Twist while lifting heavy objects up or down
- Take a Stretch Break for your Shoulders, Neck, Back and Hands
Healthy Treatments For Improved Wellness
Caron Chiropractic Clinic, P.A. stresses proper ergonomics as part of a holistic approach to Healthy Living. The health benefits from making simple ergonomic adjustments to your workplace can be profound. We will help to Relieve Pain and other symptoms from an Overuse Injury and advise you on healthy changes for optimal ergonomic positioning.
Call for an appointment today in our St. Paul, MN office at 651-255-9999