Many athletes today focus on one particular physical activity. The result can be an overuse injury where muscles become stressed and reactive. Soft tissue injuries often involve sprains, strains and muscle stiffness. A Licensed Massage Therapist is educated on healing techniques for different types of Sports Injuries. At Caron Chiropractic Clinic, P.A. in St. Paul, MN our experienced massage therapists provide Therapeutic Massage Techniques that are designed for optimal healing and injury prevention.
Therapeutic Massage has become quite commonplace among high-level athletes. Many utilize Sports Massage as a way to improve performance and shorten recovery time. An experienced Licensed Massage Therapist can provide a variety of techniques to target the injured muscles and speed healing.
Benefits Of Therapeutic Massage
- Increased Range of Motion and Flexibility
- Reduced Pain
- Increased Blood Flow
- Faster Recovery Time after Sports Injury
- Reduced Stress and Anxiety
- Relieves Tender Points
- Increases Mental Focus
- Decreases Muscle Toxins
Optimal Healing Technique
Since sports injuries vary in location, type and severity of an injury, the Optimal Healing Technique must be chosen to treat an individual injury. A skilled and Licensed Massage Therapist at Caron Chiropractic Clinic, P.A. will discuss the type of injury and symptoms that you are experiencing to provide the best healing solution for your injury. Massage techniques that are often applied for a Sports Injury include the following:
- Trigger Point Therapy alleviates tender spots that cause referred pain in other areas of the body. Your massage therapist applies pressure and release technique to tense muscle tissue to relieve pain.
- Deep Tissue Massage focuses on the deepest layers of muscles and tendons to release chronic tension. A massage therapist applies deep pressure that lengthens the muscle tissue and relieves pain.
- Swedish Massage is a relaxing, therapeutic massage that utilizes gentle strokes to relieve stress and relax muscles. This healing technique improves circulation and eases tension.
- Sports Massage is geared toward muscles that are overused and stiff. It is often used for athletes who want to loosen up before an event or prevent pain and stiffness after exertion. Our Licensed Massage Therapists may utilize several different massage techniques for optimal benefit.
Licensed Massage Therapist
Caron Chiropractic Clinic, P.A. utilizes Therapeutic Massage as a natural healing modality. Our Licensed Massage Therapists are experienced and skilled in several massage techniques that can enhance healing of sports injuries. Massage therapy is widely accepted as a Healing Technique that also helps to shorten recovery time following an injury.
Call our St. Paul, MN office today for an appointment at 651-255-9999