Massage therapy is an art of healing that has been around for thousands of years and used in various different cultures. In fact, there has been significant evidence of massage therapy in writings from ancient China, Japan, India, Arabic nations, Egypt, Rome and Greece.
At Caron Chiropractic Clinic, we use a holistic approach to acute and chronic pain by using an integrative approach to chiropractic care.By combining chiropractic care and massage therapy, we are able to create a comprehensive program specifically tailored to each patient in order to resolve chronic and acute pain symptoms.
What is Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy is known as the manual manipulation of soft body tissues (muscle, connective tissue, tendons and ligaments) to increase a person’s health and well-being both naturally and holistically.Generally, a massage therapist will rub, press and manipulate muscles or other soft tissues of the body using their hands, fingers, forearms, elbows or feet.
There are many different kinds of massage therapy methods (also known as modalities).
Types of Massage Therapy
Some common forms of massage therapy we use at Caron Chiropractic Clinic includes:
- Swedish Massage — A light touch massage that uses long and gentle strokes to relax your sore muscles.
- Deep Tissue Massage — A combination of long strokes and deep tissue pressure to release tension and pressure to target chronic muscle pain.
- Trigger Point Therapy — Trigger point therapy targets and alleviates specific tight regions within the muscle tissue that causes pain in other parts of the body through cycles of isolated pressure and release.
- Prenatal Massage — A type of massage including deep bodywork designed to enhance your circulation, take the strain off your muscles and joints, and re-energize you while pregnant.
- Hot Stone Massage — is therapy that uses the direct heat of hot stones, which relaxes muscles and allowing the therapist access deeper muscle layers.
- Aromatherapy — also known as essential oils therapy, is a type of therapy that uses a plant’s aroma – producing oils (essential oils) to treat disease.
- Myofascial Release — is a type of soft tissue therapy for the treatment of skeletal muscle immobility and pain.
- Sports Massage — this therapy is geared toward athletes of every kind–whether you are a Olympian or a weekend jogger. This type of massage therapy focuses on areas of the body that are overused and stressed from repetitive and often aggressive movements from sports activities.
Why Choose Massage Therapy?
Patients seek Massage Therapy for Relaxation and for many other Health Conditions Including:
- Back pain
- Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendinitis
- Stress relief and stress-related conditions
- Headaches and migraines
- Muscle and related conditions such as spasms, strains and sprains
- Repetitive strain injury, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Circulatory and respiratory problems
- Post-injury and post surgical rehabilitation
With so many different kinds of massage therapy methods, there are many options to choose from for people looking for comfort from chronic or acute pain. No matter what age or state of well-being your body may be in, everyone can benefit from massage therapy.
If you are looking for a natural approach to overall health and well-being, let Caron Chiropractic Clinic create a compressive plan tailored to your needs.
Tired of dealing with pain? Caron Chiropractic Clinic can help! Call our office today to schedule an appointment at 651-255-9999.