Laser Therapy North Oaks MN
Low-level laser light is compressed light of a wavelength from the cold, red part of the spectrum of electromagnetic radiation. It is different from natural light in that it is one precise color; it is coherent (it travels in a straight line), monochromatic (a single wavelength) and polarized (it concentrates its beam in a defined location or spot). Because of these properties laser light is able to penetrate the surface of the skin without heating the skin, without damaging the skin, and has no known side effects. Laser light actually carries many positive effects as it directs bio-stimulative light energy to the body’s cells. Cells are then able to convert this light into chemical energy to promote natural healing and pain relief.
Low-level lasers supply energy to the body in the form of non-thermal photons of light. Light is transmitted through the skin’s layers (the dermis, epidermis and the subcutaneous tissue or tissue fat under the skin) at all wavelengths in the visible range. Light waves in the near infrared ranges, however, penetrate the deepest of all light waves in the visible spectrum.
When low level laser light waves penetrate deeply into the skin they optimize the immune responses of our blood. This has both anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive effects. It is a scientific fact that light transmitted to the blood in this way has a positive effect throughout the whole body, supplying vital oxygen and energy to every cell.
How Does Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) Benefit Users?
- Relieves acute and chronic pain
- Increases the speed, quality and tensile strength of tissue repair
- Increases blood supply
- Stimulates the immune system
- Stimulates nerve function
- Develops collagen and muscle tissue
- Helps generate new and healthy cells and tissue
- Promotes faster wound healing and clot formation
- Reduces inflammation
Physiological Effects of Low Level Laser Therapy
- Improved metabolism
- Increase of cell metabolism
- Improved blood circulation and vasodilatation
- Analgesic effect
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-edematous effects
- Stimulation of wound healing Low-level laser therapy does not require constant, ongoing treatments. Low-level laser therapy can be beneficial for a number of different conditions.
Please contact our office today for more information.