Do you have pain in your lower back or does your entire body just feel tight all the time? If so, you likely could benefit from a therapeutic massage from a North Oaks Massage Therapist from Caron Chiropractic Clinic. Massage therapy is often used in our clinic as a part of a comprehensive chiropractic care treatment plan. If you’re tired of being prescribed medications that don’t work and are looking for a more holistic approach to pain and stress relief, massage therapy may be your answer.
Benefits of Massage
- Relieves aches and pains in muscles and joints.
- Can relieve stress
- Helps to lower blood pressure
- Stretches weak and tight muscles
- Improves the look and condition of your skin
History of Massage Therapy
Massage as a treatment for pain and stress relief has been around since 3,000 BCE, or possibly even earlier. Civilizations learned early on the power of massage to help reduce pain, relieve stress and even prevent illness. With recent advances in massage therapy, this form of holistic healing can go a long way in terms of helping our clients live a pain free lifestyle.
Types of Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage – This type of massage uses long strokes and deep pressure to various areas of the body to release tension and help to stretch muscles. Deep tissue massage is used to release tension, stress and reduce pain.
- Swedish Massage – This is a light touch massage using gentle strokes to help relax muscles and calm the body and spirit.
- Trigger Point Therapy – This type of therapy is used to target certain areas of the body that are known to cause pain.
- Prenatal Massage – Pregnant women who are in their second or third trimester can often benefit from massage. This type of massage helps to ease the discomfort of pregnancy and helps to improve circulation and lower stress.
- Hot Stone Massage – Using warm stones placed on certain areas of the body helps to increase circulation as also has a calming effect on the nervous system.
- Sports Massage – An athlete has an incredible amount of stress placed on their body during their rigorous physical activities. A sports massage helps athletes to avoid as well as recover from injuries and also increase mobility and flexibility, which can lead to improved sports performance.
Learn More About Massage Therapy as an Integral Part of Wellness Care
At Caron Chiropractic Clinic we’re focused on treating the whole person. We believe that massage therapy is an integral part of our approach to holistic pain relief. Call our North Oaks Chiropractic office today at (651) 255-9999 and we’ll be happy to setup a massage appointment to help relieve the pain and stress that has taken over your life..