Have you ever heard something being referred to as the “backbone” of something else? The symbolism represents something that is vitally important, sturdy, strong or courageous. The Human Spine acts as structural support for your body and protects your spinal cord and nerves. It is a very complex and downright amazing part of the human anatomy. As a Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.), a Licensed Chiropractor understands the complexities and abilities of Spinal Health without drugs or surgery. Caron Chiropractic Clinic provides outstanding Spine Strengthening Techniques for a healthier, stronger you.
10 Amazing Facts About the Human Spine
Chances are that you don’t give much thought to your spine unless you have experienced Back Pain or Reduced Mobility. The Human Spine is really quite incredible with its fundamental structure and function. The following are some Amazing Facts About the Human Spine:
- Your spine has more than 100 joints, 120 muscles, 220 ligaments and highly sensitive nerves.
- Most babies are born with 33 vertebrae but that number is reduced to 24 by the time we reach adulthood. The remaining 9 vertebrae fuse together at the tailbone or pelvis.
- Your spine is made up of 3 parts:
- Cervical Spine is made up of 7 bones (human neck)
- Thoracic Spine is made up of 12 bones (human chest)
- Lumbar Spine is made up of 5 bones (lower back region)
- The 3 vital functions of the human spine are:
- Structural support
- Flexibility and movement
- Protect your spinal column
- An estimated 4 out of every 5 adults will experience some sort of back pain during their lifetime.
- Cartilage makes up one fourth of the length of your spine.
- Astronauts can return from space a full 2” taller than when they left because of the lack of gravity in space.
- Low back pain is the most common type of back problem, probably because the lumbar region must bend and twist more than the rest.
- Automobile accidents are the most common cause of spinal cord injuries reported in the US.
- A Licensed Chiropractor may help to keep your spine functioning at its optimal best.
Natural Spine Health Without Surgery
At Caron Chiropractic Clinic of St. Paul, MN our dedicated staff believes in an integrated approach to Spine Health for our patients. We utilize a combination of centuries old techniques along with advancements in technology. More people are turning to Natural Therapies that improve spinal health, strength and mobility without the need for risky surgeries or medications.
- Spinal Manipulation
- Arthrostim Treatments
- Massage Therapy
- Strength Building Exercises
- Ergonomic Support
- Low Level Laser Therapy
- Custom Fit Orthotics
Licensed Doctor of Chiropractic
Caron Chiropractic Clinic provides several Natural Techniques to help strengthen and improve the health of your spine. Our clinic has dedicated healthcare professionals including Licensed Doctors of Chiropractic Care (D.C.) who are experts in their field. We provide individualized care plans that do not include the use of pharmaceuticals or surgery.
In St. Paul MN, call Caron Chiropractic Clinic at 651-255-9999 to schedule an appointment today.