We have all heard or read about recent studies that highlight the dangers of living a sedentary lifestyle. Individuals are encouraged to Stand Up For Health and become more physically active. The human spine provides a sturdy foundation when we practice Good Posture and have Proper Alignment. Misaligned Vertebrae in the neck or spine often results in Pain and Decreased Mobility that can hold you back from enjoying physical activities. A Skilled Chiropractor at Caron Chiropractic Clinic, P.A. can help to get your spine in good working order so that you can lead a Healthier and More Active Lifestyle.
Prevent Back Pain…St Paul Chiropractor
It seems that mothers really do know best when it comes to Maintaining Good Posture. Standing up straight and tall helps to Prevent Back Pain by taking pressure off of sensitive nerves that travel through and out of your spine. Standing or sitting hunched over, stooped or slouched causes unnecessary stress and strain on muscles and ligaments. Bad posture often leads to Headaches and Back Pain.
Good Posture While Standing
Maintaining Good Posture while standing will help to maintain the three natural curves in a typical spine. An imbalance in any of these three areas can throw off your body’s mechanics, straining muscles and causing pain.
- Stand up straight and tall
- Keep your shoulders back
- Abdomen pulled in
- Feet approximately shoulder width apart
- Relax your knees
- Focus your weight on the balls of your feet
- Allow hands to drop by your side
- Shift weight periodically as needed
Good Sitting Posture
Proper Sitting Posture is an important part of Preventing Back and Neck Pain. Slouching due to bad habits or poor ergonomics can leave you with a headache and sore back muscles.
- Sit with your feet flat on the floor
- Thighs should be parallel to the floor
- Ankles should line up in front of your knees
- Place a support to maintain the natural curve of your lower back
- The top of your head should point toward the ceiling
- Tuck in your chin slightly
- Your neck and upper back should be comfortably straight
- Relax your shoulders
3 Natural Curves of the Spine
- Cervical Curve in the neck (forward curve)
- Thoracic Curve in the upper back (outward curve)
- Lumbar Curve in the lower back (inward curve)
Skilled St Paul MN Chiropractors
Remember to Stand Up for Your Health to lead a Healthy Active Lifestyle. Your Chiropractic back care professional at Caron Chiropractic Clinic, P.A. may help you to correct spinal issues and Prevent Back Pain. There are several chiropractic techniques that could be applied to your individual condition. A Skilled Chiropractor can adjust your spine back into proper alignment. Massage Therapy can be used to relax tense muscles, improve blood flow and increase flexibility. Acupuncture, Orthotics and Laser Therapy could provide added benfits.
In St. Paul MN, call Caron Chiropractic Clinic, P.A. at 651-255-99.99 to schedule an appointment today