You may have heard the term Subluxation related to Chiropractic Care. In general terms a subluxation is a misalignment or partial dislocation in the spine that is often caused by trauma. The misaligned vertebrae may lead to Negative Affects on Health with symptoms of pain and disease. The Chiropractors at Caron Chiropractic Clinic, P.A. in St. Paul, MN are highly experienced at detecting subluxations and can often correct them through spinal manipulation techniques. Ignoring subluxations may lead to issues with organ function and deteriorated health.
Spinal Vertebral Subluxation Symptoms
It can be difficult to know if you have a spinal subluxation. There are symptoms to look for if you suspect that you have a subluxation. Decreased nerve functions due to the misaligned spine may allow the subluxation to exist without pain.
- Pain, Soreness, Tenderness or Stiffness in the back or neck
- One shoulder higher than the other
- Dizziness or problems with Balance
- Reduced Mobility in the Spine
- Hips that are Not Level
- Head that sits forward past your shoulders
- Tingling, Numbness or Pain in the extremities
- Muscle Spasms along the spine
Vertebral Subluxation Complex (VSC)
Doctors of Chiropractic often refer to subluxations as Vertebral Subluxation Complex or VSC for short. This is a combination of changes that take place within your body simultaneously. There are five components that make up the Vertebral Subluxation Complex.
- Kinesiopathology – this is the Bone component in which the vertebrae have degeneration, are out of position or do not move properly.
- Neuropathology – this is the Nerve component in which pressure on the spinal nerve causes dysfunction.
- Myopathology – this is the Muscle component in which the muscles that support the spine are affected.
- Histopathology – this is the Soft Tissue component including tendons and ligaments with affects occurring near the subluxation or nerve ending.
- Biochemical Abnormalities – is the chemical component with chemical changes ranging from minor to massive depending on location affected.
Highly Experienced In Subluxation Therapies
Caron Chiropractic Clinic, P.A. is highly experienced the detection and treatment of Spinal Subluxations. We utilize all-natural techniques including spinal manipulation which can be very effective when treating Vertebral Subluxation Complex. Our licensed doctors of chiropractic are trained to diagnose the cause of the multiple symptoms attributed to this spinal misalignment. Bringing your body back into proper alignment can help to strengthen your immune system and fight off pain and disease.
Call for an appointment today in our St. Paul, MN office at 651-255-9999!